Hagmann P, Cammoun L, Gigandet X, Meuli R, Honey CJ, et al. (2008) Mapping the structural core of human cerebral cortex. PLoS Biol 6(7): e159. doi:10.1371/ journal.pbio.0060159
- The default network (the "core") plays an important role in cerebral connectivity, and is made up of the regions that are most active at rest
- Authors refer to the map of structural connection patterns the "connectome"
- Discuss the centrality of the core in information integration
- 5 subjects; 998 ROIs (average size 1.5cm^2); 66 anatomical subregions
- Network measures included degree, strength, betweenness centrality, and efficiency.